Skip to main content

Hertfordshire County Council

Council Tax

Each household in Hertfordshire will receive a Council Tax bill from their District or Borough Council. 

For enquiries about your Council Tax bill, or to notify a change in address, please contact your District / Borough Council.

The money raised through Council Tax is shared between the following authorities which provide a range of services. More detailed information is available in the following documents:

Hertfordshire County Council - Council Tax information

Further information relating to budgets for our key service areas can be found in Part B of our 2016/17 Integrated Plan.

Hertfordshire County Council services

  • Caring and supporting children, young people and families
  • Caring for the elderly and vulnerable and people with disabilities, mental health, drugs or alcohol problems
  • Fire and rescue services
  • Maintaining and improving the road network including improving road safety through engineering
  • Co-ordinating bus services and providing home to school transport for children
  • Planning for and disposal of waste
  • Responding to major planning applications - e.g. housing and mineral extraction
  • Economic development
  • Providing libraries, archives and local studies material
  • Protecting consumers against poor quality goods and services, and upholding fair trading laws
  • Community safety (crime/anti-social behaviour reduction initiatives) and emergency planning

Police and Crime Commissioner for Hertfordshire

  • Policing and crime prevention

District or Borough Council services

  • Housing and homelessness
  • Refuse collection and street cleansing services
  • Environmental health
  • Leisure services
  • Planning and building control
  • Car parks and controlled parking zones

Town or Parish Councils

  • Allotments
  • Village halls
  • Cemeteries and closed churchyards